Applications due Tuesday, July 26th at 11:59 pm PT
Earth Quaker Action Team (EQAT) is a Philadelphia-based activist group that uses nonviolent direct action to push corporations toward the intersection of environmental, economic, and racial justice. EQAT is primarily volunteer-led and currently has three paid staff members; however, in order to meet the needs of our campaign (and eventually win!), we are in the process of growing our organization from three to five employees. Read more about our values & practices and our current campaign targeting Vanguard, the world’s second largest investor in fossil fuels.
Are you someone who takes deep satisfaction from getting detail-oriented tasks done efficiently and accurately? We need your help! The Administrative and Finance Coordinator will take on essential functions to keep EQAT running well as we grow, including managing our database, processing mail, and making payments.
We are looking for someone who loves creating and executing systems and finds deep satisfaction in ticking off items on their checklists. In this role, you’ll have a variety of routine tasks each week, with special projects and challenges thrown in from time to time. If you are looking for a mission-focused organization with which to apply your practical prowess, please apply today!
- Database administration, including periodic data cleaning and updates, working with other staff to establish needs and put them into practice, documenting processes, and training other staff members and volunteers in database use as needed.
- Enter information about donors and new volunteers into a database (currently NationBuilder, but we will soon be switching CRMs).
- Collaborate with external contractor during a database and website migration project.
- Build out systems to scale our administrative and financial systems to meet the needs of a growing organization.
- Process mail and deposit checks, particularly at the end of the calendar year.
- Support fundraising efforts through donor follow up, developing lists for mailings, and facilitating mail merges.
- Keep track of budget and expenses, provide the board with financial reports alongside the Board treasurer, and process reimbursements.
- Run payroll for our team of five staff members.
Candidates for this role will exhibit the following competencies and traits:
- Exceptional organizational skills; strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Professional experience with updating and managing a database of supporters.
- Ability to learn how a group uses a database software and suggest ways to improve it.
- Skilled at building and maintaining spreadsheets, particularly for the purposes of budgeting and financial reporting.
- Willingness to help support and train staff or volunteers to navigate administrative and finance systems.
- Efficient, kind, and clear communication, especially over email.
- Excitement to work in alignment with EQAT’s values and practices.
Some additional skills and experience that might benefit a candidate in this role (these are not requirements, and no one is expected to have all of them):
- Experience using NationBuilder, Action Network, EveryAction, or WordPress.
- Experience using QuickBooks.
- Experience training staff or volunteers on administrative or finance systems.
- Familiarity with supporting a database migration process.
- Experience facilitating payroll or overseeing budgeting.
- Past work in nonprofits or activist groups.
Salary: $52,000 to $60,000, depending on years of experience directly related to the position. Those with 1-2 years experience will be offered the lower end of the range, while those with 5+ years experience will be at the higher end. We do not negotiate salaries as it privileges those who are skilled at negotiation.
Benefits: Stipend for health insurance, subsidy of $50/month for internet and phone, and extensive time off benefits including paid parental and family leave, 4 weeks paid vacation, and 10 paid sick days. In place of a health insurance plan we provide a stipend of $600/month that an employee can use to purchase health insurance.
EQAT believes that in order to truly protect our planet and make a just transition away from fossil fuels we need people from all backgrounds. Because of this, we’d especially like to encourage people who come from communities that are often unacknowledged in the environmental movement -- communities of color, women, people with disabilities, and others -- to bring your experience to this role. EQAT does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, or religion.
- Visit our posting on Workable.com and begin your application.
- Upload a resume / CV describing all relevant experience.
- In lieu of a cover letter, please respond to each of the following questions (roughly 150 words for each prompt).
- Why are you interested in working for EQAT in this role?
- How does your experience in administrative work relate to the requirements for the role?
- Pick one of our organization’s values and practices (accessible here) that you think connects to your own experience. Then tell us a bit about why.
Applications received by Tuesday, July 26th will receive full consideration. If you have questions about the role, please email [email protected] and we’d be happy to set up a time for you to speak with one of our board members or active volunteers.
We hope to have someone start by September 6th, but flexible for the right candidate.